Does “T” stand for troubled in TG? Sometimes when I narrate to
someone about being transgendered, they wonder why I don’t get my head
checked. There surely must be something wrong with me, may be I can take
a pill and cure myself. Hmmmm.. Won’t that be too easy and would it
not take the fun out of this whole dilemma I deal with on a daily basis?
That bring us to- who am I? Oh, I am just a simple t-girl trying to live a normal life.
By normal, I mean going about day to day activities, interacting with people and work and stuff *yawn*. Sounds boring but for a TG girl, it can get very very interesting. When you try to play outside the box of two well defined genders, people just scratch their heads and wonder why (oh why) are you doing this? For the love of (insert your favorite word here), can you just not be “normal”? To which I would like to retort: This, my friend, is my normal.
I like to imagine two subatomic particles in Large Hedron Collider colliding with full force. This can then result in release of energy, may be produce a totally new particle etc. Similarly, when my “normal” collides with their “normal”, the results are worth watching. I have seen the reactions ranging from utter surprise (falling off the chair) to a bored expressions- “Oh, I already knew” or “What’s the big deal?” Life has a way of making itself interesting around us TG folks and I like it!
So if someone interprets being “T’ as being “troubled”, just tell them that it can also mean “talented”, “transformative”, “transcendental” and “top notch”
They just need to make a selection from the alternatives and their “troubles” will melt away
By normal, I mean going about day to day activities, interacting with people and work and stuff *yawn*. Sounds boring but for a TG girl, it can get very very interesting. When you try to play outside the box of two well defined genders, people just scratch their heads and wonder why (oh why) are you doing this? For the love of (insert your favorite word here), can you just not be “normal”? To which I would like to retort: This, my friend, is my normal.
I like to imagine two subatomic particles in Large Hedron Collider colliding with full force. This can then result in release of energy, may be produce a totally new particle etc. Similarly, when my “normal” collides with their “normal”, the results are worth watching. I have seen the reactions ranging from utter surprise (falling off the chair) to a bored expressions- “Oh, I already knew” or “What’s the big deal?” Life has a way of making itself interesting around us TG folks and I like it!
So if someone interprets being “T’ as being “troubled”, just tell them that it can also mean “talented”, “transformative”, “transcendental” and “top notch”
I agree! there are different "normals" for everybody, thats what makes the world such an interesting dynamic place. Everyone has a different place in the whole gender spectrum of things. I like your other interprations of "T" =)
ReplyDeleteIt boosts my spirits.